I had the great experience with ThinkEye Hospitals. My father had laser cataract surgery without complication. Dr. Mamatha took good efforts to explain the procedure and everything is transparent. Friendly staff and doctors.
Dr Arpitha saved my eyes. Had I not gone to them sooner I could have lost my eyes. Dr Arpitha responded fast and saved my eyes. One of the best eye doctors in Hyderabad.
I went for a second opinion to thinkeye... My initial though was to get a second opinion and go back to the first doctor for surgery. But Dr mamatha captured my trust. They explained everything to me in detail and I decided to go for the surgery at Think eye....
Mr. Kartik Kumar
Best hospital for cataract surgery in Hyderabad. My mother in law's cataract surgery was sucessful. It was recommended by a friend of mine and now I would happily recommend it to anyone in need of cataract surgery.
Vision Rehabilitation at think Eye
High Success Rates
Expert Panel of
Vision Enhancement and Rehabilitation
Low vision is the condition in which a person suffers from vision impairments that cannot be rectified through corrective surgery. Some low vision conditions are color blindness, low contrast sensitivity, decreased visual acuity, and visual field defect.
Low vision has many implications for an individual. It not only restricts their physical movement but also limits social mobility. This has multiple long-term consequences for affected people of all age groups, affecting their physical, psychological, educational, and economic growth.
When does low vision start affecting an individual’s quality of life
If a person is unable to perceive objects in their surroundings due to low vision or is unable to carry out daily tasks that they need to complete, such as reading, working on a computer screen, or finishing daily chores, it means they are affected by low vision and need vision rehabilitation therapy.
Why is vision rehabilitation necessary
People with low vision are at an increased risk of low physical and psychological health because of the high risk of accidents and emotional difficulties. Conventional medical or surgical treatments might not always be successful in preventing or restoring vision loss. Therefore, a combination of low-vision devices, customized counseling, and learning daily living and work-related skills helps to enable people with low vision and blindness to be empowered, and become important contributing members of society, and enjoy a better quality of life.
The various steps through which low-vision therapy is administered include:
- Evaluation: A client’s current condition is assessed by a specialist through an appointment, and the programs which suit them best are identified.
- Vision assessment: The client’s visual functions are assessed through suitable tests and techniques that test various aspects of their vision such as contrast sensitivity, brightness acuity, color vision, ocular motility, and visual field through tests specific to these aspects of vision. (To ensure that there are no other ocular diseases or complications, the eye health of a client is assessed through their dilated pupils.)
- Rehabilitation Training: Various techniques of rehabilitation training are implemented depending on the severity of the impairment, which includes orientation and mobility training, using an animal guide, or providing Braille training. Personal adjustment counseling and marital counseling might also be provided.
- Environmental Modification: The client’s home might be analyzed and modified with respect to four factors that are taken into consideration: illumination, glare, contrast, and figure-ground perception.
- Low Vision Devices: Both optical and non-optical devices are introduced depending on the visual needs of the client after considering several factors to enhance magnification of both near and distant images that help in improving visual function.
The purpose of low vision therapy is to develop strategies through which a person’s diminished sight is either maximized or substituted for to maintain their sense of self-worth and independence. This is done not just through low-vision devices but through a combination of identifying goals, introducing assistive devices, and training. Only after proper evaluation and training is the need for an assistive device gauged and fulfilled.
A good program for vision rehabilitation must cater to the unique needs of a person and provide education, support groups, and counseling therapy by occupational therapists.
Our specialists at Thinkeye have treated over 35000+ patients and we have gained tens of thousands of loyal brand ambassadors over the decades. Listen to what our brand ambassadors have to say about our services…
Dr Mamatha saved my eyes. Thanks to her for saving my life.
Dr Arpitha was diagnosed and treated my eye problem very promptly.
Mr. Mallesh Yadev
Best place for LASIK surgery in Hyderabad.
Best hospital to go to if you have any eye problems
Laser Surgery for Retina
I had the great experience with ThinkEye Hospitals. My father had laser cataract surgery without complication. Dr. Mamatha took good efforts to explain the procedure and everything is transparent. Friendly staff and...
Dr Arpitha saved my eyes. Had I not gone to them sooner I could have lost my eyes. Dr Arpitha responded fast and saved my eyes. One of the best eye doctors...
I went for a second opinion to thinkeye... My initial though was to get a second opinion and go back to the first doctor for surgery. But Dr mamatha captured my trust....
Mr. Kartik Kumar
Best hospital for cataract surgery in Hyderabad. My mother in law's cataract surgery was sucessful. It was recommended by a friend of mine and now I would happily recommend it to anyone...