I had the great experience with ThinkEye Hospitals. My father had laser cataract surgery without complication. Dr. Mamatha took good efforts to explain the procedure and everything is transparent. Friendly staff and doctors.
Dr Arpitha saved my eyes. Had I not gone to them sooner I could have lost my eyes. Dr Arpitha responded fast and saved my eyes. One of the best eye doctors in Hyderabad.
I went for a second opinion to thinkeye... My initial though was to get a second opinion and go back to the first doctor for surgery. But Dr mamatha captured my trust. They explained everything to me in detail and I decided to go for the surgery at Think eye....
Mr. Kartik Kumar
Best hospital for cataract surgery in Hyderabad. My mother in law's cataract surgery was sucessful. It was recommended by a friend of mine and now I would happily recommend it to anyone in need of cataract surgery.
Refractive Errors Treatment at Think Eye
High Success Rates
Expert Panel of
Both the cornea and lens in our eyes help us focus better. Refractive errors are eye conditions that affect the patient's vision due to the shape of the eye that prevents the light from getting focused on the retina. The condition results in the formation of blurred images. It is often attributed to the length of the eyeball or the changes in the shape of the cornea.
What are the types of Refractive Errors
There are four primary types of refractive errors that affect one’s vision:
- Myopia – Also called near-sightedness, the condition impairs the patient’s ability to see distant objects. The refracted light focuses in front of the retina instead of on the retina.
- Hyperopia – Termed as far-sightedness, the condition makes it difficult for the patient to see near objects. The refracted light focuses behind the retina instead of on the retina.
- Presbyopia – Often common in patients aged above 40, this condition impacts the eyes’ lenses, wherein they lose their ability to adjust their shape to focus on the nearby objects. This condition is evident when trying to read.
- Astigmatism – This eye disease results in blurred vision caused by the unusually shaped cornea. The condition is further divided into two categories – symmetrical and asymmetrical astigmatism.
What are the causes of Refractive Errors
The causes of refractive errors depend on the type of error you are diagnosed with. It is a myth that the overuse of eyes and vision leads to refractive errors. Some of the common causes include:
- Non-uniformity in the eyeball length
- Issues with the shape of the cornea
- Impacts of aging on the natural lens in the eyes
What are the symptoms of Refractive Errors
Some of the most common symptoms of RE are:
- Double or blurred vision
- Seeing a rainbow-colored halo around the eyes
- Constant squinting
- Headaches and pain in the back of the eyeball
- Trouble focusing while working on a computer or reading books
Who are at risk of Refractive Errors
To say that RE is only age-driven is a complete lie. Anybody can be affected with refractive error issues. However, the risks increase in individuals with a family history of refractive errors. While some refractive errors are diagnosed in the early stages of life, few others like presbyopia are diagnosed in older ages.
How are Refractive Errors diagnosed
Refractive errors are often diagnosed during your regular eye examination. The testing process usually involves the patient reading a vision chart with characters written in different size fonts. This basic examination is enough for the diagnosis. You will rarely need to undergo special imaging tests for the diagnosis of the condition.
What are the treatment options for Refractive Errors
There are predominantly three different treatment options for refractive errors. They are:
- Glasses – This is the most common form of treatment wherein your ophthalmologist will prescribe you with the correct power to minimize the refractive errors for accurate and clear vision.
- Contacts – For the patients who don’t enjoy wearing glasses, contacts are a fantastic alternative. They sit on top of your eyes to correct the refractive errors and allow you to have better clarity.
- Surgery – There are instances wherein the general use of glasses or contacts isn’t enough. In such cases, undergoing laser surgery (LASIK) is considered the most effective treatment option. However, this is considered as the last resort for the patient.
Our specialists at Thinkeye have treated over 35000+ patients and we have gained tens of thousands of loyal brand ambassadors over the decades. Listen to what our brand ambassadors have to say about our services…
Dr Mamatha saved my eyes. Thanks to her for saving my life.
Dr Arpitha was diagnosed and treated my eye problem very promptly.
Mr. Mallesh Yadev
Best place for LASIK surgery in Hyderabad.
Best hospital to go to if you have any eye problems
Laser Surgery for Retina
I had the great experience with ThinkEye Hospitals. My father had laser cataract surgery without complication. Dr. Mamatha took good efforts to explain the procedure and everything is transparent. Friendly staff and...
Dr Arpitha saved my eyes. Had I not gone to them sooner I could have lost my eyes. Dr Arpitha responded fast and saved my eyes. One of the best eye doctors...
I went for a second opinion to thinkeye... My initial though was to get a second opinion and go back to the first doctor for surgery. But Dr mamatha captured my trust....
Mr. Kartik Kumar
Best hospital for cataract surgery in Hyderabad. My mother in law's cataract surgery was sucessful. It was recommended by a friend of mine and now I would happily recommend it to anyone...