I had the great experience with ThinkEye Hospitals. My father had laser cataract surgery without complication. Dr. Mamatha took good efforts to explain the procedure and everything is transparent. Friendly staff and doctors.
Dr Arpitha saved my eyes. Had I not gone to them sooner I could have lost my eyes. Dr Arpitha responded fast and saved my eyes. One of the best eye doctors in Hyderabad.
I went for a second opinion to thinkeye... My initial though was to get a second opinion and go back to the first doctor for surgery. But Dr mamatha captured my trust. They explained everything to me in detail and I decided to go for the surgery at Think eye....
Mr. Kartik Kumar
Best hospital for cataract surgery in Hyderabad. My mother in law's cataract surgery was sucessful. It was recommended by a friend of mine and now I would happily recommend it to anyone in need of cataract surgery.
Myopia Treatment at Think Eye
High Success Rates
Expert Panel of
Myopia is the most common eye disease. It is also known as short-sight or near-sight. In this condition, the patient cannot see distant objects such as signboards, highway signs, etc. They may appear blurred. The patient generally tends to close one eye and look, to get a partial clarity of distant objects. Myopia is corrected either through glasses or lens. In some cases, surgery is required to correct the condition.
What causes of myopia
The most common cause of myopia is the structure of the eye being too long or the cornea being too curved than usual. Hence, the focusing power of the eye becomes strong. When a patient tries to look at distant objects, the light rays fall in front of the retina and not directly into it. This causes the distant objects to appear blurred.
Myopia is also said to be hereditary. If you have someone with glasses due to myopia in your family, there are chances that you could get it too. If your eyes are stressed due to reading, writing for a long time, or working in front of a computer, there are risks of getting myopia. The contrast between indoor lighting and sunlight is a reason for the increase in the degree of myopia. Imbalance of the lighting causes strain on the eyes.
What are the types of myopia
Myopia is classified into three different types according to vision severity.
- Simple myopia – The vision of a patient with simple myopia will be below 6 diopters. It is corrected by lenses or glasses.
- High myopia – The vision severity of patients with high myopia exceeds 6 diopters. Though the ophthalmologist recommends wearing glasses or lenses, the chances of correction are low. The patients with high myopia are at a high risk of other eye diseases such as retinal detachment, glaucoma, and cataract.
- Pathological myopia – Pathological myopia is a condition where the retina grows so long that the back of the eye starts showing degenerating changes. The distant objects appear completely blurred. The lenses and glasses will not help in correcting the vision or slowing the elongation of the retina.
What are the symptoms of myopia
The symptoms of myopia are frequent headaches while reading, writing or any other activity that requires eyes to strain, squinting to get a clear vision of distant objects, and eye fatigue while looking at objects at a distance.
What are the treatments options of myopia
The following are the ways of treatment of myopia
- Lenses or eyeglasses – Most cases of simple myopia are corrected by lenses or eyeglasses. They can be worn full-time or part-time depending on the age of the patient and severity of myopia.
- Laser procedures – The surgeon uses a laser to create a flap on the top layer of the cornea and the cornea is reshaped to put the flap back into place. It is a quick and painless procedure with a 99% success rate.
- Photorefractive keratectomy – This procedure is known in short as PRK. It uses the laser to reshape the middle layer of the cornea. It flattens the cornea’s curve and lets light fall on the retina.
Will myopia get better in the future ?
Myopia usually starts in childhood if it runs in families. Lens and glasses with eye drops such as cyclopentolate, pirenzepine gel, and atropine can help slow the progression of the condition.
Our specialists at Thinkeye have treated over 35000+ patients and we have gained tens of thousands of loyal brand ambassadors over the decades. Listen to what our brand ambassadors have to say about our services…
Dr Mamatha saved my eyes. Thanks to her for saving my life.
Dr Arpitha was diagnosed and treated my eye problem very promptly.
Mr. Mallesh Yadev
Best place for LASIK surgery in Hyderabad.
Best hospital to go to if you have any eye problems
Laser Surgery for Retina
I had the great experience with ThinkEye Hospitals. My father had laser cataract surgery without complication. Dr. Mamatha took good efforts to explain the procedure and everything is transparent. Friendly staff and...
Dr Arpitha saved my eyes. Had I not gone to them sooner I could have lost my eyes. Dr Arpitha responded fast and saved my eyes. One of the best eye doctors...
I went for a second opinion to thinkeye... My initial though was to get a second opinion and go back to the first doctor for surgery. But Dr mamatha captured my trust....
Mr. Kartik Kumar
Best hospital for cataract surgery in Hyderabad. My mother in law's cataract surgery was sucessful. It was recommended by a friend of mine and now I would happily recommend it to anyone...