More Beautiful without Glasses
- Freedom From Glasses
- Custom Solution For Every type of Eye
- Bladeless Lasik
- Advanced Integrated Lasik Suite
I had the great experience with ThinkEye Hospitals. My father had laser cataract surgery without complication. Dr. Mamatha took good efforts to explain the procedure and everything is transparent. Friendly staff and doctors.
Dr Arpitha saved my eyes. Had I not gone to them sooner I could have lost my eyes. Dr Arpitha responded fast and saved my eyes. One of the best eye doctors in Hyderabad.
I went for a second opinion to thinkeye... My initial though was to get a second opinion and go back to the first doctor for surgery. But Dr mamatha captured my trust. They explained everything to me in detail and I decided to go for the surgery at Think eye....
Mr. Kartik Kumar
Best hospital for cataract surgery in Hyderabad. My mother in law's cataract surgery was sucessful. It was recommended by a friend of mine and now I would happily recommend it to anyone in need of cataract surgery.
LASIK Surgery at Think Eye
Think Eye offers advanced LASIK surgery in Hyderabad. Our LASIK specialists pioneered the art of LASIK surgery
We offer customised LASIK solutions to fit your needs.
High Success Rates
Expert Panel of
Table Of Contents
LASIK or Laser-Assisted In-Situ Keratomileusis is a minimally invasive surgical procedure performed to correct several refractive error conditions. It is a laser vision correction procedure that reshapes the cornea’s curvature to correct the refractive index of the natural lens in the patient’s eyes.
An ideal candidate for this surgery should be above 18 years and have a stable spectacles power for a year. This surgery is suitable for candidates who want to ditch their glasses and artificial lenses for good with a naturally corrected vision.
While the primary objective of a LASIK surgery is to make the refractive error zero, it isn’t always the case. However, a successful surgery will enable the patients to have a completely clear vision without wearing glasses or lenses.
When is LASIK Surgery performed
LASIK surgery is primarily performed to treat refractive errors in the patient. So, the surgery can treat:
- Myopia – The condition of near-sightedness wherein the refracted light rays fall in front of the retina instead of on it. It makes viewing distant objects challenging for the patients.
- Hyperopia – Also termed as far-sightedness, this condition involves patients who have a hard time viewing nearby objects. Undergoing surgery focuses the refracted light on the retina instead of behind it.
- Astigmatism – This refractive error occurs due to the irregularly shaped cornea that distorts both the near and the far vision of the patient.
All of these conditions are easily treatable with LASIK surgery if done the right way and under the guidance of an experienced ophthalmologist.
Why should you consider undergoing LASIK Surgery
You can consider undergoing LASIK surgery if:
- You no longer want to use glasses or contact lenses
- You want to overcome the social restrictions of wearing glasses
- You have an allergic reaction to wearing contact lenses
- You want to take part in outdoor athletic activities and sports
- You want to build a career in a field that demands perfect visual acuity
Who is an ideal candidate for LASIK Surgery
You are an ideal candidate for LASIK surgery if:
- You are 18 or above years of age
- You have a constant spectacle power for at least 12 months
- You do not suffer from severe eye problems and abnormalities like dry eyes
- Your cornea should be thick enough to be operated upon
How to prepare for a LASIK Surgery
You might consider undergoing LASIK surgery after your consulting ophthalmologist recommends a corrective vision procedure following a regular eye examination. However, the procedure is not as simple as it seems.
- The doctor will start with a thorough checking of the patient’s eye structure, taking readings of the corneal thickness, corneal curvature, and optical aberrations. All of these, along with a few other pathological tests, are conducted using cutting-edge diagnostic equipment.
- Once the reports come in, the ophthalmologist will give them a once over and then ascertain whether the patient is fit enough to under LASIK surgery.
What happens during a LASIK Surgery
LASIK surgery is done as outpatient surgery, which means that it doesn’t involve hospitalization. You can check in to the hospital a few hours before the surgery and have someone take you back home an hour after the surgery is done.
The surgeon generally uses topical anesthesia to numb the part of the eye that will be operated on. The patient is made to sit on a chair, following which a microscope emitting green light is focused on their eye. The suction ring fades out the vision of the patient. Once the surgery is completed, the doctor will remove the suction ring to restore the vision in the eye.
The procedure is often done with one eye and takes a few minutes, depending on the patient’s requirements. Patients don’t usually complain about pain during the procedure.
What can a patient expect after the LASIK Surgery
Following the successful completion of the surgery, the surgeon administers a few types of eye drops and ointment, after which the eye is covered with a shield. The patient is prescribed a few oral analgesics to keep the pain minimal for the first two days.
- First follow-up consultation – the morning after the surgery
- Second follow-up consultation – a week after the surgery
- Third follow-up consultation – one month after the surgery
- Fourth consultation – three months post-surgery
- Fifth consultation – a year after the surgery
Your ophthalmologist will likely ask you to get a few special diagnostic tests done at every follow-up check-up to get a better understanding of your visual acuity.
How long does it take to show results after LASIK surgery
Patients typically start experiencing a clear vision within a few days after the surgery. Some might have to undergo another round of stronger laser treatment to improve the refractive error correction.
Remember that although LASIK surgery has promising results for patients with low and moderate refractive errors, there are cases where the patients still need to wear glasses to have 100% clear vision. So, you must go into the treatment with realistic expectations.
What are the side-effects of LASIK Surgery
LASIK surgery is a minimally invasive procedure. However, like any other form of surgery, even this imposes a few side effects and complications that the patient should be aware of. They include:
- Glare/halo effect
- Decrease in contrast sensitivity
- Flap complications
- Corneal ectasia
- Corneal infections
- Corneal edema
- Corneal perforations (extremely rare)
What are the alternatives for LASIK surgery
If you aren’t an ideal candidate for LASIK, be it due to improper corneal thickness or other medical inadequacies, there are a few alternatives that can help render similar benefits like a LASIK surgery. Some of them are:
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Phakic intraocular lens
- Clear lens extraction (Refractive lens exchange) with negative intraocular lens implantation
- Astigmatic cataract surgery and multifocal lenses
Our specialists at Thinkeye have treated over 35000+ patients and we have gained tens of thousands of loyal brand ambassadors over the decades. Listen to what our brand ambassadors have to say about our services…
Dr Mamatha saved my eyes. Thanks to her for saving my life.
Dr Arpitha was diagnosed and treated my eye problem very promptly.
Mr. Mallesh Yadev
Best place for LASIK surgery in Hyderabad.
Best hospital to go to if you have any eye problems
Laser Surgery for Retina
I had the great experience with ThinkEye Hospitals. My father had laser cataract surgery without complication. Dr. Mamatha took good efforts to explain the procedure and everything is transparent. Friendly staff and...
Dr Arpitha saved my eyes. Had I not gone to them sooner I could have lost my eyes. Dr Arpitha responded fast and saved my eyes. One of the best eye doctors...
I went for a second opinion to thinkeye... My initial though was to get a second opinion and go back to the first doctor for surgery. But Dr mamatha captured my trust....
Mr. Kartik Kumar
Best hospital for cataract surgery in Hyderabad. My mother in law's cataract surgery was sucessful. It was recommended by a friend of mine and now I would happily recommend it to anyone...